Friday, May 8, 2009

Recent Obsessions - 80's era German Cars

It's nothing new that the eighties are back and stronger than ever and that goes for 80's era cars as well. Check out the Porsche and BMW below (both of which I was lucky enough to possess for a short time). These cars are fine examples of solid, strong, German engineering and beautiful in their own ways. But for some strange reason their also tragically flawed. I don't know how to describe it, but I guess the right word would be Aryan. And not in the Brotherhood kind of way, more in the rigidly superior to everyone else kind of way. To put it another way, it's like these vehicles are the Rutger Hauers of the car world. 

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.
Time to die." 












No comments:

Post a Comment